ENGINEERED FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
The NAV SD is designed for the competition pilot, having all the bells and whistles fly comps fast and effectively but without the Live tracking functions.
Don’t get caught in airspace
Know Where You Are
Learn more about Maps
With Designer app you can upload all your flights to our Cloud Flights Web Service. Inside your flight details page, you can review your flight, play it back, analyse all data, including all external sensors data, like G-forces and heart rate values. You can also download your flight in IGC format.
Learn more about
The NAV SD has a built in low power wireless interface for connecting compatible accessories. The list of Flymaster wireless accessories is the most complete on the market. Already available for the NAV SD are the HEART-G, TAS and M1.
You can use GPSDUMP or any other compatible tool, for Flight Sharing. Just connect your GPS SD to your MAC / PC (windows) and with a few clicks you can download and share your flights, in several well known databases like Xcontest, Leonardo, or DHV.
The Flymaster NAV SD implements an easy intuitive menu driven system with no need to memorise multiple functions on keys with long key presses.
Main Hardware Characteristics
|Display Resolution (High Contrast Grey Scale)||320×240 pixels|
|Screen size (true viewing area)||76×57 mm|
|Battery Capacity (Lithium-Ion)||2900 mAh|
|Autonomy||Approx. 30 hours|
|Size||155x92x24 mm (Length x Width x Thickness)|
|RF Interface||Allows the wireless connection of several external probes, like HEART-G or TAS probe, simultaneously.|
|Native USB Connection||Allows connection to the PC to download/upload Flight Data, Airspaces Data, etc|
|Battery Charging||From wall adapter, car adapter or standard usb port|
|Micro SD slot||Supports cards to 16 GB, Optional pre-loaded 16GB SD card with airspace, ground data and maps now available.|
|6 Axis accelerometer and magnetometer||Allows 6-degrees of freedom Tilt-compensated Compass (available soon)|
|Firmware update by USB (upgrades are free)|
|User definable pages (each page can be draw using designer software, and include a number of elements only limited by space).||16|
|Configurable graphical elements (depending of the element several parameters can be set by the user ex. Size, Border, …)||12|
|Configurable data field elements (User can change size, border, title, Font, …)||84|
|Page Trigger Events (page switches automatically if a specific event occurs)||
|Multi lingual interface||
|Configurable audible alerts||
|Definable function keys||
- Buzzer/near thermal sound.
- Ultra sensitive Variometer with 10 readings per second and 10 cm resolution.
- Configurable vario digital filter and integration values.
- Fully configurable Vario Sound (frequency, increments, frequency/vertical speed relation,….).
- 6 Sound Levels (configurable by menu, or using a key).
- Automatic mute, keeps vario silent until takeoff.
- Altitude adjustment using QNH.
- Automatic altitude adjustment from GPS.
- 3 independent altimeters.
- 3D flight logger IGC format.
- Storage for >300000 track points.
- Up to 248 flights.
- 448 Waypoints.
- Compatibility with Open Air format (upload of files using Designer).
- Display of restricted areas in map.
- Adjustable warning vertical distance to a restriced area.
- Adjustable warning horizontal distance to a restriced area.
- Display of shortest Vertical, and Horizontal, distance to restricted area.
- Resctrited area alarms (Altitude imminent, Position imminent, Violation, …).
- Critical Airspace page (displays information about areas that are closer than a defined distance).
- Worldwide Airspace database (SD card required) ( ).
Cross Country Features
- Exclusive Thermal Ball indicator.
- Several specific data fileds like Distance to take off, current and avarage glide ratio, avarage speed, etc.
- Distance to last thermal indexed with altitude.
- Goto waypoint.
- Multiple waypoint route.
- Wind Speed and Direction (GPS based calculations).
- Automatic altitude gain profiler.
- McCready related values like speed to fly, next termal climb, etc. (available with the TASProbe).
- Nearby Landings (Displays Required Glide Ratio and distance to all the Landings which can be reached).
- Route Optimization (indication for shortest route point).
- Speed to Start (optimal speed to make the start).
- Arriving altitude at next waypoint and goal (considering wind).
- Several Glides Ratios (to goal, average, to next,…).
- Easy task definition.
- Task Navigation, configurable safety/risk margin on turn points..
- Task Map (trace with thermal indication).
- Conical End of Speed Section.
Compatible with MacOSX (1.6 and higher), Windows (vista/7/8)